Community Donations

Founder
Founder

Community Donations

Postby Theduke » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:33 pm

Hi Community,

So recently the donations have been pretty slim from players. Most of the donations the past 6 months have been from admins, the rest from players.
Arma 2 is nearing its last rope. We certainly don't want to close the servers. We enjoy every bit of it.
But I cannot continue to allow the same people who also work hard towards the servers fork the bill.

Since behemias "law" of not being allowed to sell in-game perks, it has killed Arma 2 servers. (Honestly probably what they want, and players go to arma 3)
Its very hard to continue to pay for the servers without perks. So im just putting this here, if players would like to continue playing on our servers I will
continue to update the servers for as long funds are in the community account.

Our monthly running cost is 100$ and we have a dedicated box. So the price for what we have is pretty good. (this doesn't include the website)

I just paid for our one more month today, which ends Nov 16th. leaving us with a few dollars in the account.

We originally had plans to add a Arma 3 Exile server which we can have certain perks to help pay the bill.
But...I will be a father soon enough with our first child. Adding another server is the last thing on my list lol
I work a day job, 40 hours a week, and i have a Sign and Graphic business and i also put roughly 30 to 40 hours a week there with weekends.

Like I mentioned earlier, I will continue to update the servers as needed (Epoch1062 is on its way out soon) if we have the funds to continue.

If anything happens that we can't continue hosting the servers. I will make another post regarding the closing of the community.

Duke

Return to “Announcements”