Wait for host

Here you will find answers to some of your questions as well as post about any issues you have here with the game

Wait for host

Postby Dr Strange » Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:51 pm

Got up today and thought i'll have a nice full day on Tavianna as its my birthday and im 60.
Tried to log on and all i get all day is WAIT FOR HOST....?

Dr Strange

Founder
Founder

Re: Wait for host

Postby Theduke » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:16 pm

YEs the server was locked up. I was at work. I restarted the server when i got home.
Should be good to go.

Also, i noticed you were trying to log into the special server. We have 2 chernarus servers, one that is whitelisted, you need a custom mod pack to join, and the other is the public server.

Postby Dr Strange » Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:48 am

Seems server has locked up yet again as of 8am Sat 17th reset :roll:

Dr Strange

Postby SirTweak » Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:15 pm

Duke just did a reset and i can get in now, after having the same problem ^^

Postby [NCR]Ghost_Ryder » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:00 pm

Thinking the servers locked up, getting the same message, on all 3 servers, cant get it sadly :shock:

Founder
Founder

Postby Theduke » Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:06 pm

Lingor and Sahrani were down.

Hopefully when we recode for 1062 this crashing wont happen... it started happening when we updated to 1061.

If you're still getting wait for host, log into TS and we'll see what we can do

Duke

Postby Dr Strange » Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:02 pm

Here we are back again in 2018 and the same problem is popping up... anyway i try and join server all i get is WAIT FOR HOST. If i then press ESC and goto MULTIPLAYER i only see 2 servers neither of which i can join as i just get kicked.

WHAT I HAVE TRIED...

After a DayZlauncher update on Wed 14/218 i got a problem as soon as i tried to load Sahrani through DayZlauncher. The problem i got was battleeye would start to load then a window would appear ....... Arma2 Army of the Czech Republic setup. this window would ask for a CD key.

After a few days of trying to rid myself of this Czech problem i managed to find if i DELETE a file in.....

C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\DLCsetup.

Inside the DLCsetup are 2 folders.

1. 0ACRlite
2. ACR

I deleted both of these then went and tried DayZlauncher again. WAIT FOR HOST.

I later found via Payden on TS that sever was down for 2 1/2 hrs. I tried again after the next reset. same problem.

I went onto steam and verified all game files. I then looked in.... C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead and found that the DLCsetup folder was back. I looked inside the folder and found that only 1 folder had been replaced by the steam file verification --- 0ACRlite

I went looking on the net for a fix and found that this Army of the Czech republic problem was supposedly fix way back in 2013 and no one with this problem received any feedback from steam.

Today Fri 16/2/2018
I tried loading game again but still got the WAIT FOR HOST. I went onto google and typed (arma 2 wait for host).
Once again it was onto google and look for any fix on Arma2 wait for host. I found a so called fix and tied that.

Supposed fix...

1. Go to Steam\Steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\Expansion\Battleye

2. Select "UnInstallBe.exe" and follow the steps to uninstall

3. Go to Steam, right click on "Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead - Properties - go to "LOCAL FILES" tab - "VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME CACHE"

4. Delete the Battleye folder here at C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\BattlEye

5. Delete the BEClient.dll file here C:\Users\Your Name\AppData\Local\ArmA 2 OA\BattlEye (Potentially Optional, but I did it anyway)

6. Launch Arma 2 OA via Steam and hopefully see that BattleEye service has been installed.

I went through all steps of above mentioned fix but still get --- wait for host on any server i try to join. plus the same once i quit and goto multiplayer. i only see 1 or 2 severs and cant join any of them.

Anyone got any ideas?

PS. Before someone comes back with DELETE games and reinstall. Someone mentioned this to a guy who had same problem. He went ahead and did what was suggested. Delete games and reinstall. 4hrs later he still had same problems

Founder
Founder

Postby Theduke » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:57 pm

Fixed, was a specific error on Dr Stranges side.

Return to “Support”