Alternative to Dayz Launcher

Here you will find answers to some of your questions as well as post about any issues you have here with the game
DVS

Alternative to Dayz Launcher

Postby DVS » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:49 pm

HI GUYS,
First post on this forum and I have read on another post that someone had an issue loading in and it was mentioned that dayz launcher was not a reliable way to log in but they were refered to teamspeak to get walked through the procedure to an alternative.is there a post on this forum tjat does a step by step if not is someone able to atleast reply to this a rough guide on how to log in with oit launcher thanks.
DVS

Founder
Founder

Re: Alternative to Dayz Launcher

Postby Theduke » Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:23 pm

Hi DVS,
I moved your post as it was in the wrong section (combat arms forums)

Yes, there is a alternative to dayz launcher.

Download this windows batch file at the bottom of this post.

1. Things to pay attention to are:
The paths.... Path to steam and path to Arma 2... not arma 2 OA.

2. Ip and port. In this case its cherno

3. Mods... Each mod must be named in the batch file exactly the way the folder is spelled in your arma 2 OA folder.

also, dayz launcher might have the mods in a different folder, like in your documents.
To check this. open dayz launcher, click on settings, then click on open mod folder. If it opens your arma 2 OA folder, you're good to go. If it opens up another folder, you'll need to copy the mods you want and paste them in the Arma 2 OA folder.
Reason for this is, the batch file looks for the mods in the Arma 2 OA folder, and if they arnt there... game wont load properly.

If you have any problems, hop in TS and we'll give you a hand.

Duke
Attachments
ESLK Chernarus.zip
(691 Bytes) Downloaded 5 times

DVS

Postby DVS » Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:06 pm

Ok thanks duke....yeah it was my first time navigating this forum i think i have worked out the dorum layout now...as for the batch files yes my they are in another folder which ones should i copy across if i move them all it plays havoc and i cant join other server via launcher ive tried changing once before the files and path for some reason it likes it the way i originally downloaded.

Founder
Founder

Postby Theduke » Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:09 pm

Well its up to you, but i tend to help people with teamviewer when they get in a bind. If you see me on TS and would like for me to do it just poke me

Return to “Support”