Change day to day/night??? Cast your vote

Should we change our server to day/night cycles.

Poll ended at Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:09 am

yes
76%
no
24%

Total votes: 21

Founder
Founder

Change day to day/night??? Cast your vote

Postby Theduke » Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:09 am

Should we Change our Full 24hr days to day/night cycles? Vote in the poll to cast your opinion. On the deadline date, it will either change or stay as it is

Re: Change day to day/night??? Cast your vote

Postby +Cyanide+ » Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:32 pm

Would like to see maybe 2 hours day 2 hours night or possibly have the server do 12 hours night/day (alternate).

Not having night completely negates the reason for having nightvision & nightvision weapons. It also adds another level of difficulty.

There's also a script that can be added server side to allow the players to vote day/night.
Last edited by +Cyanide+ on Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby -MQ- » Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:06 pm

Night/Day Cycle would be great! I don't know about cycling it on every restart though; That would get a bit annoying I think. I real time cycling would be good... Eastern, central time zones. I don't know what time zone the majority of the players are in. Adds another element in my opinion.. See ya on the server!!

Postby Somerled » Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:49 pm

Why don't you just change it to be chosen client side? In my experience servers that change to day/night cycles usually end up experiencing a sever drop in players during night cycles.

The Tavi server currently has a voting system in place for day/night cycles. Do you have records of how many times people actually voted for night instead of day?

The green screen night vision gives me headaches and unfortunately it's not a play style choice for me.

Postby -MQ- » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:36 pm

I agree with having the option for the vote. That way players could change it to day if enough of them want to during night. Definitely need a night/day cycle though.. Just have the option to vote cycle through the server messages just so new players know they have the option to change night/day..

Founder
Founder

Postby Theduke » Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:59 am

Players have been able to vote since the beginning. type "vote day" or "vote night" and it will cast a vote. 70% of players must vote for the opposite in order for it to change.

As for the NVG, i agree with somerled, it gives a headache. But, that is why i have installed the full NVG screen on the server. The full screen being green is not even as near bad as the green circle imo. You have to try it first lol. Its easy to install. Theres a post in the forums explaining what needs to be done.

The cycles im not sure yet, 3hr day 1 hr night, or real time. We can try both and players can voice their opinions. But this is why im making a poll, its ultimately the communities decision.

Thanks for all the inputs and votes!!

Postby Yogi Bear » Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:14 am

Please leave it as vote day/night as the lighting affects with sun setting in taviana is horrible and causes blinding light by looking in one direction and then pitch black by looking another and it would be utterly annoying.

Founder
Founder

Postby imunknown » Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:15 pm

I know i'm an admin But I can't stand dayz dusk to night..... i do strongly aggree that we will loose players

Founder
Founder

Postby imunknown » Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:15 pm

I know i'm an admin But I can't stand dayz dusk to night..... i do strongly aggree that we will loose players

Postby -MQ- » Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:09 pm

Ohh La La!

Return to “General Topics”