Vehicle Questions - Tavi Server

Vehicle Questions - Tavi Server

Postby Somerled » Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:04 pm

Your rules on the website here state;

6. Use of Armed Vehicles
Armed wheeled vehicles (Armed Humvees, Vodniks, SUVs, Landrovers and UAZs) are permitted to be used in the completion of Static or Spawned mission or convoys. No armed tracked vehicles (Warriors, m113s, Bradleys or any tank. The wheeled BTR-90 and armed Helicopters with rockets are included in this list) will be used in the attack or destruction of any Static or Spawned mission or convoys. The tracked armed vehicles can be used for secure transportation of the players to and from the mission, protection from town and roving AI (both SUVs and Helicopters) and as overwatch while the players loot the completed mission. Feel free to hunt the town and roving AI (both SUVs and Helicopters) since they respawn at a regular interval. Use of a the 'tracked' vehicles in the attack or destruction of any Static, Spawned mission, convoys or the wanton destruction of buildings on the server, can be cause for loss of the vehicle and a temporary ban or permanent banishment. Collateral damage from crashed helicopters and /or suicide bomber explosions are acceptable.

By BTR-90, do you mean the BTR-90 HQ version with the top mounted mg or is there a standard BTR-90 someplace? I assume the LAV and variants fall into the same category.

Where can we buy Warriors, Bradleys, Tanks, ect?

I saw a player jet flying around the other day. Where are these from?

Where are the helicopters with rockets?

I have 50k+ humanity and I'm not seeing any of these in the traders, including the epic hero trader.

Admin
Admin

Re: Vehicle Questions - Tavi Server

Postby Recoil » Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:39 pm

Some are donater vehicles which an admin spawns in. For missions we want players to not just roll up in a tank and take out a mission. We had players in the past just roll up on a mission with a tank and take the mission when another player was sniping that mission. Same with helis with missles. Had it happend to myself a couple of times. I was sniping a mission from 1000m out when a player in a heli firing missles at the same mission.

Founder
Founder

Postby Theduke » Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:05 pm

Yes the BTR has a couple variants in game, The one with M2 is available at trader and you can use it at misions. AIs will shoot you out of it. The BTR with the canon, AIs dont see you because you are turned in, and you can shoot from the inside. You can clear a mission without having the AIs shoot one bullet at you. I find it pointless, and like recoil mentioned it has caused issues in the past. Some of those vehicles are available for donation yes. The reason for this, players that love that specific vehicle, is less likely to abuse the rules if they donate for that vehicle.

For example the last community i was on, i donated for a jet. Only thing i was allowed to do was fly around and use the turret. Other than that i couldnt do anything. But i loved flying the thing and also loved the community, so i donated to get the jet and help the community at the same time.

Postby Somerled » Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:41 pm

Well that's very disappointing. I understand having restrictions about what vehicles can be used on missions but I had no idea that the decent vehicles are donator only. Like the rules state, I was hoping for something I could use for easily taking out those annoying helicopters patrols.

Grinding out the 50k humanity should have some decent rewards. The stuff currently available on the epic hero vendor isn't much of an improvement over the regular hero stuff.

Would you be willing to add some new vehicles to the epic hero trader?

Founder
Founder

Postby Theduke » Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:16 pm

Somerled wrote:Well that's very disappointing. I understand having restrictions about what vehicles can be used on missions but I had no idea that the decent vehicles are donator only. Like the rules state, I was hoping for something I could use for easily taking out those annoying helicopters patrols.

Grinding out the 50k humanity should have some decent rewards. The stuff currently available on the epic hero vendor isn't much of an improvement over the regular hero stuff.

Would you be willing to add some new vehicles to the epic hero trader?

Yes i agree it is disappointing. I have a few more vehicles i can add to the list. I myself would love to have as many vehicles as possible. But unfortunately players that abused the rules before caused me to remove most of the good ones. They were exploding buildings and clearing missions. Causing the server to lag. My goal is so everyone on the server can enjoy their experience, not just one or two (blowing up stuff). Not saying you would, but its alot easier for me to remove those vehicles, than sit and watch every single player all the time.

As for the epic hero im brainstorming a newer idea....to see how i could actually make this work. For more stuff at the trader that is.

Postby Somerled » Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:44 pm

An idea is that you could make the price high so it takes a time investment to buy the really good vehicles. Those of us with the amount of time invested to grind the 50k rep and acquire the millions of coins won't risk getting banned. Marginally improved vehicles could be in the millions range and the really good vehicles could be in the tens of millions range. Just a thought, thanks for responding.

Return to “General Topics”