Donation Rewards Arma 2

Donation Rewards Arma 2

Postby gamingon » Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:52 pm

Hello,

i was wandering if there where any donation rewards in Arma 2.

Greetings :D

gamingon

Admin
Admin

Re: Donation Rewards Arma 2

Postby Recoil » Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:18 pm

As per Bohemia Rules, we are not allowed to sell ingame items as perks to players. This has been enforced since the past year.

Postby gamingon » Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:43 am

As far as i understood it it is only denied for dayz standalone and arma 3

DayZ Server Monetization
From December 1st 2015, anyone who registers, is approved, and is listed on https://www.bistudio.com/monetization/approved/dayz is allowed following monetization of their Dayz "private shard" servers:

Charging players to access your server, if the fees and associated perks do not affect gameplay in any way, is allowed. Limiting access to only paying players is allowed.
Product placement, in-game advertising and sponsorship is allowed. Accepting donations is allowed, but to avoid any doubts: not providing donations must not prevent anyone from accessing the content.
Selling of in-game items, that don’t affect gameplay, and selling of cosmetic perks are allowed. (Applicable only to servers with mods, after modding support has been added to Dayz)
Please remember, that these rules do not apply to public hive Dayz servers or the Dayz mod!
If we feel anyone on the list at https://www.bistudio.com/monetization/approved/dayz is exploiting any loopholes or is not acting in the best interests of the community, we will remove them. That will mean they will have to cease this kind of monetization immediately or face legal action.

Founder
Founder

Postby Theduke » Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:17 pm

Sadly no, for arma 2 you are not allowed.

All the big communities like CCG, Firecock, Trainwreck all had to remove their perks. We had some the fist month we started and removed them also.

I applied for a Arma 3 license, and we are approved, and during the application, I was made aware that you cannot monetize arma 2.

Postby gamingon » Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:45 pm

Could there be any changes in the future or is Arma 2 not important for bohemia anymore?

Founder
Founder

Postby Theduke » Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:34 pm

As far as i know, nothing is going to change. My thought was they wanted to push people to arma 3 because they had lots of shit DLCs they wanted to sell, including their shit game.

But I hate it just as much as anyone else, because of that its MUCH harder to keep the community going. (people only seem to want to donate if they get something out of it). Keeping the cash flow to pay for the servers is hard. As of now, we don't have enough money for the next month, which is due in 2 weeks...

The way i look at it, if you like the community and servers, then you would rather see it keep going. Then donate to help it stay up. but if all you want is perks so you can go faster in the game...then maybe this community isnt for you. We will not bend Bohemias rules and risk getting sued. I personally own a business and thats the last thing i want lol.

Besides, couple days on these servers and you're already well geared up and have a nice cash flow.

Postby gamingon » Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:38 am

how much is still missing?

Founder
Founder

Postby Theduke » Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:29 am

Our monthly running cost for the dedicated box is 100$. which is pretty good. Compared to most.

We are short 20$ for the next month.

Im trying to get our Exile server up to help pay for the dedi. But that will be a lil bit still...

Return to “General Topics”