Vehicle Upgrades

Admin
Admin

Vehicle Upgrades

Postby Payden » Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:54 pm

Greetings!

Just registered and made a small donation, spending way too much time with DayZ when I should be playing Battlefield 1 :)

Quick question - can you use the vehicle upgrades on either Cherno or Tavi (performance, luggage, maintenance, ...). I've collected several but can't get them to work on any class of vehicle.

Thanks for the server!

Mike (aka Payden)

Founder
Founder

Re: Vehicle Upgrades

Postby Theduke » Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:26 pm

Hi Payden, Thanks. We always need the funds to keep the community going. Much harder since BI removed the rights to have shops and such.

Its much appreciated.

As for the vehicle upgrades. they should work. Have you tried doing a softlog?

Admin
Admin

Postby Payden » Sat Nov 26, 2016 3:39 am

Tried all upgrades on several vehicles at various locations (within plot, at gas station) - no luck.

Also fighting with fixed guns (topaz, mounted M240), have the parts but the 240 is green in the top box, red in the bottom, error says I'm missing something but then lists nothing.

Thanks,

Mike

Founder
Founder

Postby Theduke » Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:42 pm

This issue with the static weapon was fixed on cherno, slipped my mind for tavi. Its fixed, will be updated on restart!

As for the vehicle upgrades, i will look into it.

Are you trying to upgrade the SUV? if so, in the trader list under utility. The SUVs on the bottom have custom skins, and those are the pre upgraded SUVs. Highlight one and hit H to see the custom skin.

Admin
Admin

Postby Payden » Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:59 pm

Actually hoping to upgrade one of the military vehicles - would be great to increase luggage capacity on the HUMV or off-road performance (speed) for just about any of them.

Low priority, I just keep picking up the upgrade documents but if they can't be used, I'll leave them with the bandits during the burial :)

Thanks!

Payden

Founder
Founder

Postby Theduke » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:52 pm

This is a list of items needed, and also the stages you need to upgrade them. Starting with the Offroad Performance.

4 Stages of Vehicle Upgrades focusing on these categories(stages):
1. Offroad Performance (big improvements on speed off and on road). Materials: Engine Parts(2).
2. Vehicle Maintenance(Armor- improved durability vs. bullets and impact with environment, other vehicles). Materials: Scrap Metal(4), Tank Trap(2).
3. Luggage Rack(Cargo Capacity- improves standard cargo space from 50 slots to 100). Materials: Scrap Metal(1), Camping Tent(1).
4. Fuel Tank(Capacity increased for longer traveling times and ability to use a Fuel Barrel to fill up!). Materials: Fuel Parts(2).

Upgradeable Vehicles
Datsun
Hilux
UAZ
SUV
Lada
Volha
Skoda
VWGolf
Pickup PK
Offroad DSHKM

Here is the link to the wiki for vehicle upgrades.

http://epochmod.gamepedia.com/A2Epoch:Vehicle_Upgrades

Admin
Admin

Postby Payden » Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:02 am

Outstanding!

Picked up the base SUV, ran the upgrades up to the weapons upgrade. Was hoping it would add the chain gun but said "no upgrade available" on the gun (didn't have one to upgrade).

After the reset, I'll see if I have something better than the upgraded version available at the trader, my guess is I don't and I saw a red/white/blue model I really liked :)

Thanks again,

Mike (aka Payden)

Founder
Founder

Postby Theduke » Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:43 am

LOL no the armored SUV you need to purchase that one. Nice try though ;)

When you upgrade a vehicle, it changes the vehicle itself. Epoch has made duplicates of the same vehicle, with minor changes.

Example. SUV_White_DZE1 after your first upgrade becomes SUZ_White_DZE2. The have it all the way to DZE4.

The armored SUV can be purchased only at hero.

As for the SUVS, like i mentioned in earlier posts, i made custom skins for some SUVs, a Canada skin, USA, UK and ESLK. Those skinned SUVs are the DZE4 versions. So basically they are fully upgraded already.

You can find them in the trader list under utility, and they are at the bottom of the list. They are more expensive than others, you cant miss them ;)

Return to “General Topics”